We're currently looking for a Queensland Community Engagement Manager to join our team.
- $80-90K p.a. depending on skills and experience
- Based in regional QLD, Brisbane also considered – Work from home or co-working space
- 0.8-1.0 FTE - Flexible hours available
We're a small and growing team of staff, spread out across regional Australia, dedicated to a just and timely energy transition that delivers sustainable, long-term benefits for regional communities.
RE-Alliance (REA) is an independent not-for-profit working to deliver a renewable energy transformation in Australia that provides sustainable, long-term benefits for regional communities.
Join a growing NGO with a proven track record, where you can use your community engagement expertise to help Queensland communities navigate and benefit from the transition to renewables.
About the job
The Community Engagement Manager in Queensland will work with regional communities and Councils to ensure they have a meaningful say in the design and rollout of renewable energy, with the ultimate goal of helping the transition to renewables benefit local regional economies and communities. You will:
- Build and maintain productive relationships with a wide range of local community stakeholders in Renewable Energy Zones
- Design and deliver community consultation and engagement processes
- Support and build the capacity of community stakeholders to self-organise, network and advocate
- You have at least 3 years professional experience in community development, community consultation, engagement, advocacy or related fields.
- You can design and deliver community engagement or consultation processes, with a track record of innovation and success.
- You can deliver successful community events at a range of scales in collaboration with partners and stakeholders, including adapting to challenges and managing sensitive issues.
Note: There are many skill sets that could enable you to excel in this role. Please do not hesitate to apply even if you don’t think you meet all the criteria.
View the position description here.
Submit your CV and a cover letter addressing your response to the key selection criteria via EthicalJobs.
For more information, get in touch with Lucy Allan at [email protected].