Make a difference in your region, securing local community outcomes from the emerging renewables boom in the Central-West Orana.
- JOB TYPE: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE, 12 month contract with view to extension
- REMUNERATION: $80-90,000 per annum pro rata plus super, subject to skills and experience
- LOCATION: Based in or near NSW Central-West Orana (Dubbo) region (Work from Home or co-working space)
- MANAGER: Advocacy Director
- CLOSE DATE: 28 Jan 2021
- NOTE: There are many skill sets that could enable you to excel in this role. Please do not hesitate to apply even if you don’t think you meet all the criteria.
The transition to renewable energy can give regional Australian families certainty that there will be jobs and prosperity in their local communities for decades to come. Now is the time to leverage the renewables boom into the best possible outcomes for farmers, landholders and locals.
The Community Engagement Manager is a critical part of the RE-Alliance team working towards this goal. You will work with a wide cross-section of the Central-West Orana community to develop forward-looking plans for tangible benefits, such as community funds and community ownership. You will work to ensure these community aspirations are heard and responded to in a practical way by state governments and renewable energy developers.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Use your professional experience in community organising, community consultation, advocacy or related fields to support local communities in REZs to effectively articulate, agree and advocate for their own concerns and interests when it comes to renewable energy investment
- Apply your excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build trust and motivate a wide range of people coming from a diversity of backgrounds to work together effectively
- Drawing from your deep understanding of rural and regional Australia, speak up and share true stories about the strengths of proud local communities and the benefits that renewable energy can bring them
- Drive and advocate for improvement of regulations to support benefit-sharing as standard practice in the transmission and renewable energy sectors
- Work collaboratively in a small, interdependent team to ensure that Renewable Energy Zones and transmission projects deliver benefits to the communities where the development is taking place.
YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES:
- At least 3 years professional experience in community organising, community engagement, advocacy or related fields
- Proven expertise in designing and delivering community engagement or consultation processes with a track record of innovation and success
- Demonstrated record of delivering successful community events at a range of scales in collaboration with partners and stakeholders, including adapting to challenges and managing sensitive issues
- High level written and oral communication skills with experience communicating complex concepts to a wide range of audiences and utilising appropriate technology and social media
- A passion for building Australia’s renewable energy future and improving the fabric of local communities
- Current valid driver’s licence and ability to travel widely on the Eastern Seaboard.
- Understanding of the needs and opportunities in rural and regional Australia
- Awareness of the Australian renewable energy sector status, opportunities, and issues